Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Milton Anthony Sharp

There is quite a lot about Milton Anthony Sharp out on the internet I think if you want the truth about the man it is probably best to look to the Wells Fargo records for information about him. He robbed only Wells Fargo stages and had some kind of personal vendetta against them.  He was born in 1846 in Nodaway County Missouri and was the son of Levi Sharp and Elisabeth Graves.  He was also the grandson of Eva Keck and it appears he had more than one connection to the Graves and Sharp lines so it has been impossible for me to determine just exactly how closely related to our Great Grandma Eve Ann he was, he was a cousin of some degree and shared at least 3 sets of ancestors with her.  http://www.amazon.ca/Wells-Fargo-Stagecoach-Robberies-1870-1884/dp/0786448555#reader_0786448555 This link takes you to information on a book I would recommend if you are interested in Milton. It is available as an ebook on line but the page does not allow me to export a link as it is a pdf file in a copy written page.  I first came across him in a newspaper in the back of a museum in Virginia City Nevada it was an eery experience as the hairs on my kneck stood up so to speak and I was overwhelmed with the feeling that here was someone related to my Sharps. That would have been in 1995 the year before I sent to Nodaway County Genealogical Society for their entire Sharp and Smith files and started my genealogy research in earnest. "There were Bad Men and Outlaws in the family" "They lived in the wild west" Dad would say. I'm sure the family gossip in our great grandparents time would have included talk about Milton.

No comments:

Post a Comment