Monday, July 22, 2013

Climbing the Sharp line

My last posting regarding  the Sharp line mentioned Daniel Sharp and Eve Anthony,  Daniel was the son of Sebastian Sharp better known in records as Bostian or Boston Sharp and his wife Catherine Garrett.  Boston Sharp is named in the Will left by his father Isaac Sharp, mother Philopena Graves.  Isaac was born in about 1740 in Pennsylvania and died in 1781 in Orange County North Carolina in the section that is now Alamance County. He is buried in the Old Stoner's Cemetery on what is now the farm belonging to Rufus Dale. There are a number of our family buried there so I will put a link here to a website and below is the photo of Isaac's tombstone.
http://susanleachsnyder.com/Genealogy/StonersChurch.html   Isaac was the son of Isaac Sharp born in 1712 he came to America in 1738 from Germany. The German name was Anglicized to Sharp and some members of our family spell the name Sharpe.  There are some comprehensive genealogies of the Sharp family created by members of a now defunct group called The Sharp Families in America Association that I belonged to for several years. DNA tests that Dad and I and Cleone have done turn up numerous matches to descendants of this family confirming that much of the genealogy research is indeed correct. I have traced the paper trail of documents from DNA cousins to ancestors on the Sharp, Keck, Clapp, Graves, Anthony and Shoffner lines. For a genealogy Geek such as I am this is a real thrill.

No comments:

Post a Comment