Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Changing horses in midstream

I have decided to change my blog into one about my genealogy because I have been working on the family history for years now and it is time to start sharing the information with those who may be interested.   As those who get hooked by the genealogy bug know, a family tree is never  complete or 100 percent accurate. It is always a work in progress and a jumping off place for those who want to start their own investigation into their history.  My husband wanted to know his father's family and that journey is what originally got me started with this obsession but I had always had an interest in history and even as a girl questioned my parents about what they knew about their parents and grandparents and where they had come from. Then ten years ago my sister asked me to put together a family history for her boys, she thought I could dedicate six months to the project and have a booklet to hand them come Christmas time....  now we hope that they will print off of this blog what is of interest to them.  My genealogy  grew to more than 6000 files and became awkward to publish hopefully this blog will be easier to work with. I have pruned off the brothers and sisters Aunts Uncles and Cousins and by doing so have taken away many interesting stories. As time goes by I hope to add  some of these back into the mix we shall see how that goes. Here is a link to a website that prints blogs  http://blog2print.sharedbook.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment